Tuesday, May 22, 2012

bootcamp and running schedule

So because of Krissie, I signed up for bootcamp thanks to a groupon. I was scared out of my mind. for the last year, I've really only done running. I don't lift weights. I don't do push ups/sit ups. Basically its running or nothing. I've known that I need to add in some cross training, but just haven't had the push to do it. Krissie and that groupon kicked me in the rear and got me towards that.

I had my initial consultation last week. He had me to a 5 minute practice boot camp and I was sore for about 2 days afterward. Which made me really nervous for the actual class which started today. I'll be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 6 weeks. However, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Thanks to all the running I've done, the cardio aspect wasn't a problem. The other stuff wasn't as hard. Planks are difficult for me. I have no abs to speak of (at least that I know of). But it was good to get out and do something different.

Schedule for this week:
Sunday- rest
Monday- 4 miles pushing 30+ lbs of child in stroller. It sucked. My pace sucked. However, when I uploaded Garmin info it showed that when I was running my pace was in my goal range.
Tuesday- boot camp (45 min), 4 mile run
Wednesday- possibly 40 minute tempo run
Thursday- boot camp (45 min), torture...I mean Yasso 800's. Most are doing 10 reps, I'll probably do 5-6.
Friday- Rest
Saturday- 6 mile run, hiking

No comments:

Post a Comment