Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Dreadmill

I have a love/hate relationship with my treadmill. I've only had it a little over a month. First, I hate being confined to the indoors when I'm exercising. I would rather be outside no matter the weather (rain, snow, wind, etc...). Case in point, I ran 4 miles outside in 19 degree weather this past weekend, that's 19 degrees before wind chill. All because I wanted to be with my running group.

I love that I  can run/walk at any time of the day because of the treadmill. Having three small children makes it difficult to get outside for any sort of exercise. Instead of sitting on my rear watching TV, I am able to make use of my time and walk while watching TV or a movie.

I hate that, for some odd reason, I cannot go fast on the treadmill at out. I will clarify that I am in NO way shape or form a fast runner to begin with. However, I am used to running around a 13 min/mile outside give or take depending on my energy level that day or the weather. On the treadmill, I am lucky to be able to run a 15 min/mile. I keep telling myself...its all about getting the distance in. The time it takes does not matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment