Monday, February 20, 2012

Giving up things

You know how sometimes when you give things up, you just want them even more?

I was becoming quite the Diet Coke fiend. I drank it all the time. Morning, noon, and night. Caffeine has never had that much of an effect on me, so I never saw a reason to give it up. However, a running buddy of mine mentioned how he stopped soda altogether. I figured, I'd give it a shot. So, a few weeks ago I cut down to one a day...didn't matter the size, no more than one. Then I went two days without it and didn't really notice a change so I kept going. Its now been almost two weeks.

What I've noticed in those two weeks is when I'm craving some DC is when I'm stressed out. The kids are frustrating me, yelling at each other and I'm not able to calm down at night because of the aforementioned situations.

Other than that, the going without hasn't been too bad. I've started drinking more coffee. For those that know me, I'm a once or twice a year coffee drinker. I had about a cup a day the last week. I still don't like it. I find myself drinking more water, although not nearly as much as I should...but its better than nothing, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment