Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sweat Your Thorns Off 5k Virtual Run Report

So, there is a post I really need to write, but just haven't gotten around to it. In the meantime, I participated in The Boring Runner's Sweat Your Thorns Off Virtual 5k. I had 3 miles on my schedule for Saturday anyway, so decided to tack on that extra tenth. I was supposed to run on Friday as well, but took it off after I got the blister from hell from Wednesdays run. On the recommendation from some running friends I purchased New Skin and the Blister bandaids. They were gifts from the gods.
Blister immediately after Wednesday run. (toe had blistered 1.5 weeks before, skin finally broke, had to trim it, got a new blister on raw skin)

toe all bandaged up and ready to run

got out one of my favorite running shirts. it was my first "real" running shirt. prior to this, I'd run in cotton *gasp* all the time.

got my trusty shoes, which had the D-Tag from my last race still on them


so I had to run on my treadmill. it was my weekend with the kids. I have a love/hate relationship with my treadmill. The kids were finishing up watching Ramona and Beezus (great movie, watch it!) from the night before, so I ran while watching it. I love my treadmill because I can run whenever I want to. I hate it because I am absolutely effing slow on it. I swear those who say they are faster on a treadmill are on crack. Give me the outdoors, even if it is hot, any day. I finished my 5k in 46:48 which is horribly horribly slow. Even for me, who is, well...slower. But I did it. 

The highlight of the run was that I forgot to put on my trusty Zensah calf sleeve which I've been using to combat my calf strain/shin splints. When I finished, I realized that I had absolutely ZERO pain while running...so maybe the treadmill is good for something?

and just in case anyone wanted to see another gross picture of my toe, here is the post shower toe picture in which the band aid was removed.






No comments:

Post a Comment