Tuesday, October 16, 2012

katie still cooks

My kitchen got quite the workout this past week.

Thursday: made chocolate chip cookie bars. just used the recipe on the back of the Nestle chocolate chip bag and put in a bar pan. baked at 350 for about 35 minutes. kids loved it. it was a spur of the moment treat for them.

Friday: made this Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Banana Delight cake for the LexRunLadies birthday celebration. I'm not a huge cake person. I think there were too many layers, I'd probably do just one chocolate and one banana if I ever made it again. the frosting was too DIE for. so delicious and I'm not a huge peanut butter person.

I also made this queso. Which didn't turn out as hoped, it was extremely soupy. Thinking back, I screwed it up. I was in such a hurry that I wasn't paying attention to how much milk I put in. I put in one cup too much. Now I know. I will definitely make this again. It was ahhhhmazing. Tasted just like the restaurant version and well, I have a queso problem.

Saturday: there was a potluck on Sunday at church, I was asked to make stuff, so figured I needed to get it done and ready so I wouldn't have to worry about it at all on Sunday. I made a Kentucky Hot Brown Bake, because in Kentucky you can never go wrong with anything that says Hot Brown. It was awesome. Everyone loved it at the potluck and the rector asked for the recipe, said she was going to post in in this week's Parish Tidings as the first recipe in the recipe section she wanted to start. Sweet! I also made Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. They didn't taste much like red velvet, but delicious nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment