Friday, October 12, 2012

random after midnight posting

blah blah blah, I know, I know...I'm a blogging slacker. I did state in my first entry that I stink at this, right? Life has been fairly dull around these parts lately. Kids have been keeping me busy. Other than that these are the highlights:


  • I started back to school this week to get my BSN. I reeeeaaaaally wasn't ready to go back, but it seems to be a necessity to get any job. I'm attending Indiana Wesleyan where I got my first Bachelor's degree. It seems to be the quickest means to the end since I have all their gen ed classes out of the way. I'm not looking forward to having more school loans, however. First week of assignments doesn't seem too bad. I'm already wanting to wash my eyes out with soap in regards to one person's writing. It is horrid. Ah well, maybe this course will help her learn more academic writing?
  • I had an interview this past Monday (9th) with the local health department. If there were a job out there that were perfect for me? This would be it. If you're the praying sort, prayers appreciated. I'm supposed to have an answer by tomorrow. Believe me, if I am hired...I will be screaming it ALL over the interwebs.
  • Son #1 turned 8. There is no way I am old enough to have an 8 year old. I mean, its physically possible as I am 29 years old. But still...where did the time go? How is he 8 already? He has grown into such a lovely child, he always was my easy going one. He has gotten so much taller, I think he's already only 8 inches shorter than me. Which isn't hard, I'm only 5' tall. Sigh. I think I have maybe 2 years tops before he is taller. 
  • The Iron Horse Half Marathon is this Sunday. THIS Sunday. I know I can do it. Deep down in my soul, I know I can. But I am scared shitless. My knee decided to be crappy to me back in September. I've spent the last week and a half ill with either a nasty cold or upper respiratory gunk. Add in the allergies before that. My training for the last month and a half has been slim to none. I'm nervous about the time cutoff. That the pacer will end up in front of me. 
  • Tomorrow is the LexRunLadies anniversary. I remember hearing about this group last year right after it was created, at a get together to watch some running movies prior to the Marshall Marathon (and half). I don't know why it took me so long to get involved, but I am so glad I did. Love you ladies (and dudes)! Cannot wait to eat, drink, and gab with you all tomorrow night! 

and thus ends tonight's ramblings. maybe I will be back tomorrow with good news? if not, I shall return with news of the Iron Horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment