Wednesday, July 11, 2012

fear

Last week after the Bluegrass 10,000...I felt like I was on top of the world. I was happier finishing that race than I was finishing RunTheBluegrass. I felt more accomplished with that race. Maybe it was because I hadn't run in awhile? Or maybe it was because I felt I had conquered my injury? Whatever it was, in the last week I feel that I've dropped to the bottom. I'm afraid to run. I know I can do it, I proved that last week. But...now I'm afraid of re-injuring myself. I'm afraid I won't be able to meet my goals that I set. I'm afraid I won't love running as much as I did prior to injury if I can't perform as I was.

Maybe its time to rethink my goals.

I had planned to start my training for the Iron Horse a few weeks ago. Do a 16 week training plan. I felt the 12 weeks I did for RTB wasn't enough. Now here I am looking at only having 12 weeks again and it scares me that I won't be as ready as I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment