Saturday, April 28, 2012

termination and an unplanned 5k

I was terminated from my job yesterday...no reason why yet. Can't think of any reason why either...

Which leads me to the 5k. I was planning on drinking a lot last night (I'm not a huge drinker, so maybe 2-3 drinks would make me tipsy). Well, I didn't. Had decided to go cheer on a friend at a 5k as I didn't feel I'd be in any shape to do my planned 6 miles. Woke up and decided I might as well run the 5k, there was nothing better to do...no job to go to. Ended up finishing in 34:26, which was 2.5 minutes faster than my last 5k which was only three weeks ago. Did the first mile in 10:57, which is my second fastest mile time ever by 1 second. The second mile in 12:13 (walked a bit at the halfway point) and the third in 11:17. I am happy with the results. I feel like being diligent in my training has really helped! Looking forward to seeing that time decrease in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment