Sunday, March 3, 2013

planning for the future

back in December, I registered for the Run the Bluegrass Rookie 7 miler. It will be the first race I DNS. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do it anyway, but a friend gave me a code that made the registration free. So I'm not out any money, which is good.

This week I registered for the Iron Horse Half Marathon in October. This was the last half marathon I did. I also bought new running capris and a long sleeve shirt at the local running store's winter sale. I am trying to have hope that I'll be able to train for this race. Sure, with a basic half marathon plan I wouldn't start until July 28th. But after what looks like almost 4+ months off from running, I have no base. None. It is gone. I'll have to start up again from the beginning. So that means, hoping I'll be running by the beginning of June. That's only 3 months from now. That scares me. I honestly don't know if I can do it. I paid the lowest cost for registration since I registered on opening day. If I have to transfer, I can do that.

So, those are my plans. As little as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment