Saturday, April 12, 2014

April: Week Two

Monday, April 7- 4 miles at SJJ! longest run since my last half marathon in October 2012. I played my music loud, sang along, and danced a little...it was awesome.

Wednesday, April 9- 1 mile with Girls on the Run. This was a rough run, not really sure why. I didn't fuel really well during the day, forgot to eat until late. Overall, though...a great run for the girls.

Thursday, April 10- 2.15 miles near my house. I rarely eat before running, but I woke up starving so had a bite of banana before I left. I started out thinking I'd do a fartlek run, but once I sped up I just kept going. Finished the first mile in 11:57, fastest mile in awhile.

Saturday, April 12- 3.1 at SJJ. Hot diggity dog, it was an awesome day for running. Gorgeous breeze. Mile 1- 12:50, Mile 2- 12:18, Mile 3- 13:24...total time 39:39. Only 5 1/2 more minutes to lose to get down to my 5k PR.


In the past few weeks I've become more conscious about what I'm eating and my activity. I've dropped almost 4 lbs since the beginning of March.  3 of those in the last week and a half. I do not think it is coincidence that once I increased my running and started core exercises the weight just started dropping. I'm pretty pleased with this and hope it continues. I have a wedding to look good at in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment