Thursday, June 21, 2012

not running = not blogging

Since I'm not able to run, I don't have too terribly much to write about. It has no been one week and five days since I've ran. I went to boot camp this week. Tuesday it was just me and the owner...so more of a personal training session. It was pretty awesome. I told him about the shin splints, so we didn't do anything that would aggravate them. I did more push ups than I ever thought I could possibly do. Seriously. I think if I can keep doing boot camp (Groupon ends after next week...will do more of this after employed again), I might someday actually have abs and upper body strength. But, maybe that's a pipe dream? I do know that after 4 weeks of boot camp twice a week, I can now hold a regular plank for 30 seconds. When I started, I could barely hold it for 10 seconds. I went for a 30 minute bike ride with my friend Jaime this morning before boot camp. I really wish I had just continued on the bike ride instead of going to boot camp. It was harder, there was more "running" involved, which was really walking for me. There was jumping. It hurt to jump. I'm paying for it now. It hurts like hell. I have two more classes left on my Groupon, I think I'll go, but I'll stick to anything that isn't running or jumping. My regular instructor will be back next week and I'll talk to him about it.

Joblessness. I've had one interview in the last two months. Its downright depressing. The interview was last week. It was probably one of my best interviews ever. I was relaxed. I was cool and collected. I rocked it. They had to decide quickly and made a decision last Thursday. They didn't pick me. I sent a thank you email, the HR lady responded that she'd keep me in mind for any other positions that open up and she'd be more than willing to help me out. This is beyond frustrating. *insertbigsighhere*

The Skinny Rules. Krissie and some others have finished reading Bob Harper's The Skinny Rules. After seeing their results, I decided to check it out. It makes sense. A whole lot of sense. However, due to my limited income, I decided to make some of the changes that I can make easily without it affecting my grocery budget too much. I've seen small results in the last few days. I am at my lowest weight since before I got pregnant with my daughter over 5 years ago. I wore a shirt today that I've not been able to wear since college 8 years ago. I'm pretty pleased thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment