Sunday, June 3, 2012

of long runs and friends

Saturday I had my long run. I had 6 miles originally planned, but a friend suggested I do 5 as a smaller taper towards a 5k next Sunday. It was honestly one of the best runs I've had in a long time. The temperature was perfect. I got lost from the group (no one there running my pace), so I wandered around downtown Lexington and made it safely back to the running store where we started from.

afterward, went home and finished cleaning the house. I had invited some friends over for a cookout. Got everything settled, got a quick nap and got the food ready. They all came, we sat outside while I grilled the burgers and we ate. Soooo delicious. I seriously love grilling food and I'm a sucker for cheeseburgers. We sat out there talking about everything from running to jobs until midnight.

I had 4 miles planned for today. Turned my alarm off at 7. Ended up waking up at 8:30, made myself get up and run despite having a pounding headache. I still kept my goal pace, but struggled. I think I ended up with 3.67 miles, which I won't beat myself up about. Showered, went to church, came home and napped. Watched rugby and bull riding on TV. My kids came home from their weekend with their dad. I'm always happy to have them home, the house seems so empty when they're not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment